ABOUT SEATTLE THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY
본교는 오랜 전통을 가진 미국의 복음주의 교단인 ECA(Evangelical Church Alliance,www.ecainternational.org)에 속한 대학으로써, 기독교 신앙의 토대 위에서 인격의 변화와 더불어 목회 및 선교 사역의 사명을 감당하도록 주의 일꾼들을 양육하는 교육기관입니다. 세속적 사회 현상으로 인해 점점 비인간화되어 가는 인류 사회에 성경의 가르침을 통해 창조주 하나님의 선한 뜻을 전하고, 그리스도의 사랑과 나눔을 실천하여개인과 사회에 축복된 변화를 가져 오게 하는데 이바지 하고자 노력하고 있습니다.
본교는 와싱턴 주정부 고등교육부로부터 아래의 합법적인 해당 학위를 수여하는 대학으로 등록되어 있습니다.
Certificate in Biblical Studies (CBS), 성서 연구 수료증
The Bachelor of Theology (B. Th.), 신학사
The Master of Divinity (M. Div.), 목회학 석사
The Master of Theology (Th. M.), 신학석사
The Doctor of Ministry (D. Min.), 목회학 박사
The Doctor of Theology (Th. D.), 신학박사
"Formed in the spirit of dynamic growth, social justice and intellectual pursuits."
本校は長い伝統を持つ米国の福音主義教団であるECA(Evangelical Church Alliance、www.ecainternational.org)に 属した大学として、キリスト教信仰の土台の上で人格の変化とともに
OUR HISTORY & AFFILIATION
Seattle Theological Seminary is a new seminary with a brief history. The seminary itself came into being in 2008. STS started life as the Bible training institute, which formerly known as Seattle Bible Academy. As a least-known institute but with a burning desire of the supporters and the faculty members, the institute has been successfully serving the Christian community for almost two years. Being challenged by a real feeling that there was a need to optimize the provision of a professional training for Christian workers in the state of Washington, the Seattle Bible Academy has made the transition from an informal Bible study institute to a professional theological seminary.
As a multidenominational institution, Seattle Theological Seminary seeks to cooperate with the many evangelical denominations represented among its student body. The seminary is currently affiliated with ECA International (Evangelical Church Alliance), which seeks to facilitate and focus communication interaction between the students, the seminary, and the various denominations. Those who are graduated with the degree of Master of Divinity can apply for a pastoral ordination process through ECA.
/ ACTS & REGULATIONS
DEGREE-GRANTING INSTITUIONS ACT
The Washington Student Achievement Council has determined that Seattle Theological Seminary qualifies for religious exempt status from the Degree-Granting Institutions Act for the following programs: Bachelor of Theology(B.Th.); Master of Divinity(M.Div.); Master of Theology(Th.M.); Doctor of Ministry(D.Min.); and Doctor of Theology(Th.D.). The Council makes no evaluation of the administration, faculty, business practices, financial condition or quality of the offerings by this institution. Any person desiring information about the requirements of the Act or the applicability of those requirements to the institution may contact the Council at P.O. Box 43430, Olympia, WA 98504-3430
WASHINGTON STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT COUNCIL
917 Lakeridge Way SW. PO Box 43430. Olympia, WA 98504-3430. (360) 753-7800 Fax (360) 753-7808
OUR MISSION & PERSTPECTIVES
/ MISSION STATEMENT
As an evangelical seminary, the mission of Seattle Theological seminary is to provide an excellent religious education on the undergraduate and graduate levels that integrates growing faith and quality learning to inspire and equip men and women for Christian ministry and service to effect community and global transformation. STS offers a coherent and integrated education so that students will become aware of the traditions and cultures that have shaped socities, develop and expand their abilities to think critically and independently, and understand their own place and role as Christians in the larger world community.
STS seeks to respond to the mandate of the good news of the kingdom of God, serving as a catalytic presence to holistically transform the neighborhoods and communities of Seattle area, with the aim for global urban transformation.
/ THEOLOGICAL STANCE
Seattle Theological Seminary stands in the evangelical tradition of seminaries which seek to train people for a range of Christian ministries. The Bible is at the heart of our study, whether that be study of the text itself, study of the great themes of Scripture, or study of how to interpret and apply it so as to let its light shine on present day situations. We are convinced that the proclamation and explanation of Scripture results in changed lives. We want to train people to be honest with the text of Scripture, considerate of its context, and relevant as they draw out its application for 21st century people. All of us need training in these skills as we look to God for changed lives, starting with our own. Our teaching also gets students to engage with theology, helping us to express our faith and to think in a truly Christian way, and church history, which helps us to see something of God's work in and through the church over the centuries.
We are convinced of the importance of giving students a good Biblical and theological grounding to prepare them for ministry. However, we also recognize that academic training is only part of what makes for effective spiritual formation. Opportunities to develop in areas of practical ministry and growth in spiritual maturity are equally important. The content of our courses and the overall life of the seminary aims to reflect this integration of biblical, academic, practical and spiritual preparation, so that those who graduate from Seattle Theological Seminary are equipped to be agents of transformation in today's world.
/ STATEMENT OF FAITH
Under God, and subject to biblical authority, we believe
1. The unity of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit in the Godhead.
2. The sovereignty of God in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgment.
3. The divine inspiration and infallibility of Holy Scripture as originally given, and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
4. The universal sinfulness and guilt of human nature since the fall, rendering all men and women subject to God's wrath and condemnation.
5. The full deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God; His virgin birth and real and sinless humanity; His death on the cross, bodily resurrection and present reign in heaven and earth.
6. Redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin only through the sacrificial death once for all time of our representative and substitute, Jesus Christ, the only mediator between God and men and women.
7. Justification as God's act of undeserved mercy, in which sinners are pardoned all their sins, and
accepted as righteous in God's sight, only because of the righteousness of Christ imputed to them, this justification being received by faith alone.
8. The need for the Holy Spirit to make the work of Christ effective to individual sinners, granting them repentance toward God and faith in Jesus Christ.
9. The indwelling of the Holy Spirit in all those thus regenerated, producing in them an increasing likeness to Christ in character and behavior, and empowering them for their witness in the world.
10. The one holy universal Church, which is the Body of Christ, and to which all true believers belong.
11. The future personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge all men and women, executing God's just condemnation on the impenitent and receiving the redeemed to eternal glory.